PSB Level IV - Personal Protection Officer (2 Days)
This is the 15 hour (two consecutive days) Texas Department of Public Safety – Private Security Board’s (PSB) Level IV Personal Protection Officer (PPO) course. It fulfills the State of Texas training requirements of the PSB for a Personal Protection Officer license. Items covered include how to protect the principle when alone or as a team. Threat avoidance techniques are shown, and how to plan and scout escape routes. Some defensive tactics are taught as well as transportation tips, and the importance of proper planning.
Note: We do not administer the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) Test which is required before submitting a PPO registration to PSB.
- Options in Personal Protection
- Comprehensive Protection Planning
- Coordination with local Authorities
- Building a Client Profile
- Rings of Protection
- The Force Continuum
- Unarmed Defensive Tactics
- Oleoresin Capsicum Training
- Private Security Act & Commission Rules
- Texas Penal Code
- Conflict Resolution & Avoidance
- Public Perception
- Arrest Authority
- Use of Force & Deadly Force
None. All equipment is provided. There is no gun range work required in this class.
The PSB Commission Rule 430.1 states that an applicant for a Personal Protection authorization must have already been issued a Commission.
There is 1 class scheduled for this course. Choose a scheduled class time below to continue:
- April 28, 2018 10:00 AM Register