A three hour classroom and range program designed as instruction to civilian defensive handgun shooting. The course emphasis is placed on safe gun handling fundamentals and includes pistol nomenclature and function, firearm safety, marksmanship, loading/unloading, malfunction clearing, speed reloads, reloading under duress and holster drawing.
- Safe Gun Handling
- Basic Marksmanship, Seven Fundamentals and Assessment
- Drawing and Presentation
- Holster Types and Positions
- Removal from Holster
- Muzzle Position(s)
- Various shooting platforms
- “PUSH” to Target techniques
- Practical Application on Range; 100 rounds
Reliable, functional handgun; 100 rounds of jacketed ammunition; 2 magazines or speed loaders.
Optional: Hearing and eye protection, Belt holster (rigid) with sturdy belt.
No pre-requisite necessary for this course.
There are currently no scheduled classes for this course. Please check back soon.