A three hour classroom and range program designed as instruction to civilian defensive handgun shooting. The course emphasis is placed on safe gun handling fundamentals and includes pistol nomenclature and function, firearm safety, marksmanship, loading/unloading, malfunction clearing, speed reloads, reloading under duress and holster drawing.
- Safe Gun Handling
- Basic Marksmanship, Seven Fundamentals and Assessment
- Drawing and Presentation
- Holster Types and Positions
- Removal from Holster
- Muzzle Position(s)
- Various shooting platforms
- “PUSH” to Target techniques
- Practical Application on Range; 100 rounds
Reliable, functional handgun; 100-200 rounds of jacketed ammunition; 2 magazines or speed loaders.
Optional: Hearing and eye protection, Belt holster (rigid) with sturdy belt.
No pre-requisite necessary for this course.
There are 7 classes scheduled for this course. Choose a scheduled class time below to continue:
- October 12, 2019 03:00 PM Register
- October 18, 2019 02:00 PM Register
- October 19, 2019 03:00 PM Register
- October 20, 2019 01:00 PM Register
- October 26, 2019 03:00 PM Register
- October 27, 2019 01:00 PM Register
- November 02, 2019 03:00 PM Register