Static Pistol Marksmanship
Take your firearm handling skills to the next level with our Static Pistol Marksmanship course! Designed for security officers looking to move beyond the basics of firearm handling, this course introduces students to the essential skills needed in real world encounters. This course was designed and is instructed by our school director.
- Level III Commissioned Security Officer training (required, please bring your PSB pocket card or Level III training certificate as evidence)
- Appropriate clothing and footwear (duty uniform recommended)
- Full duty belt including duty holster, dual magazine case, and handcuff case
- Full duty equipment including flashlight and handcuffs
- Handgun (minimum caliber 9mm or .38spl) with three magazines or two speed loaders
- 150 rounds ammunition (200 recommended)
- Enhance knowledge of selection and placement for holster and duty equipment
- Develop knowledge of handgun ballistics and duty ammunition selection
- Reinforce fundamentals of handgun marksmanship
- Develop skills for engagement of targets from the holster, low ready, and high ready
- Develop skills for engagement of targets in low-light conditions
- Develop alternative shooting positions including kneeling, prone, behind wall cover, behind vehicle cover, and downed arm
There are currently no scheduled classes for this course. Please check back soon.